Posted: ( 21 October, 2021, Lusaka)
The ICT Manager – Projects & Business Applications Support reports directly to Director – Information & Communications Technology.
He / She shall manage the organization of key ICT projects and shall also be responsible for providing support for the core business applications and related applications including ERP, In-House Systems, Mobile Banking, all integrations with partners and other third-party systems. The project management responsibilities include delivering every project on time within budget and scope. The job holder should have a background in ICT project management, application development, application support, business skills, management, budgeting, and analysis. Further, the job holder should possess the skills at getting the best out of the people and projects that he /she oversees and thrives when planning projects and working with project teams.
The role shall interface with the Business in relation to new product specification of core business applications and other Digital Channels. The job holder shall also be responsible for NHIMA’s digital channels, mobile application, core business applications setup; resolution of all application functional issues raised by the business; works closely with business units and ICT team to ensure business reports and dashboards are available and must ensure that all users are supported and can effectively use the core business systems and applications for the purpose of their working needs. The job holder must work closely with the key functions to understand and meet there needs in support of NHIMA’s mandate.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Coordinate business application support function for all application issues.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within the scope and within budget
- Document all operational procedures and keep the departmental operating instructions always updated.
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Maintain a knowledge base of all known application issues.
- Define and document User Acceptance Test (UAT) case scenarios/ plan for application fixes in liaison with business function and ensure all application changes are change managed.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Fully Support the business with the application parameters maintenances adhering to best practice in change management processes.
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule, and costs.
- Amend data anomalies resulting from system malfunction and service requests upon necessary authorization and change management.
- Provide guidance to the business functions in identification of needs and definition of requirements.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Coordinate ICT Project management, Business case development, analysis design staged of system implementations.
- Enforce adherence to “Agile Manifesto” in all ICT project implementations
- Implement integration of core business application and ensure security by design in the system development life cycle (access controls, segregation of duties, usage, and exception handling and monitoring).
- Monitor and support alternative delivery channels performance such as provider switches, integrations with banks, MNOs and ensure agreed upon uptime is achieved.
- Performing any other assignments or tasks that may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 School certificate with at least 5 Credits which must include English and Mathematics.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Sciences or any related field;
- 5+ years of experience in an information system and/or project management office position in a reputable financial or insurance services organisation or related institution within a core business application support environment, application development, ICT Project management, technical support including Database administration, and other software experience.
- At least 3 years of experience of PHP, Python, AWS, Kubernetes
- ITIL Certified
- COBIT Added advantage
- PMP or PRINCE 2 Added advantage
- AWS Certificate Added advantage
Competencies required for this Role
- Strong technical orientation
- Self Starter
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- High level of energy, creativity, flexibility, enthusiasm, commitment, self-confidence, and initiative
- Accuracy, attention to detail and awareness of deadlines
- A hard-working self-starter with initiative, able to set own priorities
- Contributes to a team and recognizes and promotes the wider big corporate picture.
- Ability to anticipate problems and proactively takes measures to control or minimize them.
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Proven ability to resolve problems efficiently and effectively; Experience programming in a database query language will be an added advantage
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Proven experience and ability to work with Oracle Linux, Weblogic, Apache and Java.
- Ability to recognize competence level of the user and address each situation appropriately
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment